PODIATRY at Brisbane Sports Medicine
Our podiatrist, Emily Donker of Running Fix, is a professional triathlete and has suffered through her own fair share of injuries. As such, through her years of experience in private practice podiatry and now running her own business, she has chosen to focus on the management of sports injuries. She boasts extensive experience in dealing with athletes of all ages and abilities, as well as recreational exercisers.
Assessments are thorough and encompass injury, training and footwear history, in addition to a biomechanical and movement analysis, functional testing, walking and running (as applicable) gait analysis. Treatment will vary significantly depending on your concerns, but will typically include both short-term pain-relief and management strategies, in addition to recommendations for long-term resolution and prevention of future issues.
If you’re struggling with one of the following concerns or asking such questions, a podiatry consultation with Emily would be beneficial:
- Forefoot and mid-foot pain and/or numbness
- Heel or Achilles pain
- Bone stress injuries in the feet or lower legs
- Shin or calf pain
- Knee pain
- Boot fitting for those requiring aggressive offloading (ie. post-surgery, bone stress injury)
- What footwear will best suit my feet?
- How can I run more efficiently and faster?
- Why are my feet always sore at the end of the day?